fs91upd.exe - Error Type: 34 ???
Ole
2004-10-11 16:12:04 UTC
Oh, crumbs, now I got the full download of the update file,
nearly 27 MB, but when I try to apply it it get the error
message:

"Update Error Type: 34"

Now, what does that mean?????

And, why don't MS make a list of explanations of their
error messages available???
(Wicket thought: is it because there are so many of them
and MS is embarrased to show them?)

Please, someone, help me.

A frustrated flight simmer,
Ole
Bill
2004-10-11 17:22:25 UTC
Ole I gave some tips in the other thread below, but I came across this which
may be worthwhile checking:

"This error means that the registry path of FS is different from where you
have FS now. You can edit the registry or un-install and re-install FS."

Seemed to help some, and not help some, and then some reported they had to
reinstall...

good luck
Bill
Ole
Ole
2004-10-13 04:45:03 UTC
Hi Bill,

Thank you very much, that was it!
I do not like long folder names and the standard name for Flight Sim 2004 is:
"Flight Simulator 9".
I had used:
"FS2004"
By renaming the directory to the standard name I was able to apply the
update, piece of cake.

Next, testing it. Well, according to my early experience it doesn't improve
my frame rate. The new bridges are nice but not essential. I don't know what
other fixes have been made since they are not specified and I rarely
experience the program aborting or locking-up. BUT some of my downloaded
scenery and other functions seem not to work correctly now, so I may decide
to go back to my version from before the update (I was smart enough to keep a
copy of it, all 6 GB).

Thanks again for your help and soft landings,

Ole
Ole
Bill
Ole
Alex VN [MVP]
2004-10-11 18:59:09 UTC
heard of the same error and seems due to mixed up language
btw Fs and Update!
Alex