FSX Install Prob. - d1feat~1.cab
Lorin
2006-10-19 04:30:03 UTC
When I attempt to install, I get an error message that says "error 1335" then
says I have a corrupt file called "d1feat~1.cab" . I have tried the MS
suggestions regarding attempting to change the msconfig and starting in safe
mode. neiterh works and just causes other errors.
Aviator_edb
2006-10-19 20:06:02 UTC
I get this exact same error. Anybody know what the deal is?
Sketchy
2006-10-19 22:18:02 UTC
Post by Lorin
When I attempt to install, I get an error message that says "error 1335" then
says I have a corrupt file called "d1feat~1.cab" . I have tried the MS
suggestions regarding attempting to change the msconfig and starting in safe
mode. neiterh works and just causes other errors.
Yeah simple solution...........

Go to your Windows\system32 folder and find the "mscoree.dll" file and
rename it. Close down all other applications such as anti-virus/spyware
scanners/firewalls etc ............go offline if you need to.

Start installing MS FSX, you should now be able to intsall this game without
the 1935 error.

Just rename the file in windows\system32 folder back to mscoree after your
done

HTH :)
Fly Navy
2006-11-09 00:24:01 UTC
Post by Lorin
When I attempt to install, I get an error message that says "error 1335" then
says I have a corrupt file called "d1feat~1.cab" . I have tried the MS
suggestions regarding attempting to change the msconfig and starting in safe
mode. neiterh works and just causes other errors.
Yeah simple solution...........
Go to your Windows\system32 folder and find the "mscoree.dll" file and
rename it. Close down all other applications such as anti-virus/spyware
scanners/firewalls etc ............go offline if you need to.
Start installing MS FSX, you should now be able to intsall this game without
the 1935 error.
Just rename the file in windows\system32 folder back to mscoree after your
done
HTH :)
I receive the same "Error 1335" each time I attempt to install MS FSX. It
has occurred during loading from Cabinet 1, 4 and 7. Renaming mscoree.dll
did not eliminate the Error.
OHayzo
did not eliminate the Error.
Firstluuux
did not eliminate the Error.
Fly Navy
HTH :)
FSX problems
2006-11-10 23:34:01 UTC
Hi, would u know how to fix error 1722 ? Nobody seems to know how. I'm so
amazed at how may users are having difficulty playing this game. This is not
going to bode well with microsoft. Who are the competition when it comes to
flight simulation, i don't mind throwing the X out and buying a different
label.
HTH :)
Robert Keeley
HTH :)
La Quiz
2007-01-13 11:02:01 UTC
Hello,
I've the same error problems and I took the advice with the MScoree.dll thing.
Your suggestion is to rename the MScoree.dll. But I don't know what will be
the new name? I have tried the name "D1Feat~1.cab. But that did'nt work. Can
you given me some suggestions?
HTH :)
R150 M500
2007-08-18 09:46:00 UTC
Hi,

I'm having the same exact problem however renaming the mscoree.dll file did
not help. I still got this error: "Error 1935.An error occurred during the
installation of assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect"

I'm using Vista Business 32bit. I had previously managed to install this on
Windows XP.
HTH :)
shamaal
2007-09-07 17:32:11 UTC
hi. Not a computer genius or anything. but could you be a little more
specific please and perhaps walk me through that process you mentioned.
I don't get any error readings my system just freezes after awhile. And
when i try to stop the problem closing out the "run" my pc just freezes
and i have to pull the plug of the pc just to get it to even turn off.
Thought i had a virus. But i got rid of them. even got more memory to
help support it. I have 38.7Gb on my hard drive too. But i baffled and
upset about. That upgrade and the game itself was very expensive. Help
please.

Aviator_edb
Lorin
Roger Cook UK
2007-02-04 10:49:00 UTC
Roger Cook UK
2007-02-04 10:49:01 UTC
Post by Lorin
When I attempt to install, I get an error message that says "error 1335" then
says I have a corrupt file called "d1feat~1.cab" . I have tried the MS
suggestions regarding attempting to change the msconfig and starting in safe
In October ’06, I installed FSX Deluxe on to my existing XP Pro Sempron
3400+ 1GB RAM machine that had been running for about 1 year with loads of
anti-virus software, spam ware, Nero and other rubbish. It installed no
problem at all.

This weekend, I installed a new IDE hard drive and did a completely new
installation of XP Pro Media Centre Edition and did all the Windows Updates,
I also installed MS Office, a Garmin GPS program, AVG Free Anti-Virus, but no
Nero or CD/DVD burning software. The original hard drive remains in the
machine on a different IDE cable and has been reformatted as an NTFS disc
with no operating system.

So I tried to install FSX using the same DVD’s and DVD-RAM drive that I used
in October and got the dreaded Error 1335. I looked here at this forum and
tried the following:

1. Cleaning the DVD
2. Copying the DVD’s to the hard drive then installing
3. Copying the Cab files individually to the hard drive then installing
4. Replacing the Cab files through Windows Explorer part way through the
installation each time it errors
5. Copying and trying to install to different combinations of hard drives
within the machine

And still Error 1335 - Sometimes on Cab1 and sometimes on Cab 2

So I looked on Microsoft help and followed their instructions for installing
problematic games all the way through, up to and including point 7 and still
Error 1335. Look at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258496

So I looked around and found an old post about how to install Microsoft
Money with Error 1335 – they seamed to indicate that you should set up a
clean boot using msconfig in the run command (as Method 3 in the above
Microsoft help page) BUT ALSO:

From System Configuration Utility (same place where you set up clean boot
above), go to the BOOT.INI tab then ‘Advanced Options’ Select the /MAXMEM
Option and enter a value that is much less than the RAM installed in your PC.

For example, my PC is 1GB RAM so MAXMEN initial shows up as about ‘1056’ (I
assume this means 1.056GB’ish).

I set the MAXMEN to 256, rebooted and reinstalled – this time I got to Cab7
before Error 1335.

Then I set MAXMEN to 200, rebooted and reinstalled FSX, this time I got to
Cab12 before Error 1335

Then I set MAXMEN to 150, rebooted and YES YES YES – it installed – slowly,
but it installed.

Do not then forget to set Configuration Utility back to normal boot and
remove the MAXMEM Setting (and reboot).

Here’s my idea why it works:

Error 1335 occurs because all the little files that make up FSX come off the
DVD faster than the PC can write them to the hard drive, so you get Error
1335. When I installed it last year, my PC was so full of rubbish and
back-ground programs that it was running slow and so the data was coming off
the DVD slower and everything was OK.

Now all the rubbish has gone, the PC is running faster, but cannot process
the data from DVD to IDE quick enough. I think MAXMEN sets the maximum amount
of RAM that Windows can access. By setting it to 150, Windows can only access
the first 150MB of RAM, this slows the PC down (you will notice how slow FSX
Installation actually runs under this setting) and probably also increases
disc caching. By slowing the PC down, you slow down the speed that the files
come off the DVD drive and therefore the PC/IDE is able to keep up with the
write speed.

I hope this helps somebody.
Kevin
2007-02-09 20:53:38 UTC
Wow i really appreciate it that mxm thing really worked!~

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
wheelofadeal
2007-05-15 19:05:01 UTC
I had all these errors they are talking about too. So got another set of
DVD's and did the same thing. Then switched the DVD's around, and it
installed perfect. So i think there DVD's must be made crappy, & you gotta
hope you get 2 good ones.
Robert Keeley